Thursday 14 July 2011

My Holiday Items

This weekend i'm going on holiday so as I was packing, I thought it might be nice to show you all what natural and organic products i'm taking with me. I'm going camping in France for two weeks, so as you can imagine, it gets tricky trying to decide what to take. I would love to roll up to the campsite with just a toothbrush and flannel, but unfortunately, my hair and face does not agree with that idea! We will be in a tent, won't have much access to electricity and will be using campsite showers and so I have tried to think carefully about exactly what I will want and need with me! 
I have divided the products in to three categories: Hair, Make up and Skin care.

MAKE UP

I have been using a lot of Lily Lolo Make up over the last 8 months or so, and really been liking it(review to come). I have chosen to take the foundation, blush, and two concealers.(one green and one normal). Brush wise, I have chosen my Lily Lolo kabuki brush, and a blush brush, concealer brush, eyebrow/eyelash groomer and eye shadow brush which are all by Ecotools. The only non natural and organic make up I am taking are eye shadow and mascara and possibly a bronzer as I have not managed to find any alternatives which do as good a job so far. BUT I am really hoping to try some French natural and organic make up, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! 

HAIR

Can you tell which brand i'm using a lot of at the moment?! TK MAXX are currently selling the TIGI Love Peace and The Planet range at great prices, so I have been collecting up a little army of products. I am taking the Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumiser & Thickener, and Body & Waves Styling Mist with me. Plus the Naked style Frizz Fighter. The Frizz Fighter, Volumiser & Thickener and Body & Waves Styling Mist should be enough to control my hair so it can air-dry naturally but still look nice! The only other hair items I am taking are dry shampoo and hair accessories and a brush. Reviews will be coming of all the products i'm currently trying out at the moment!

SKIN CARE

As i'm prone to breakouts, I didn't want to substitute any of my skin care as my skin is being really good at the moment. Therefore i'm taking the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser with the 2 muslin cloths, White Rose Soaps Rose Water, and the Skinfood New Zealand Cleans All Cleanser and Nourishing Moisturiser. I will decant the Rose Water into something easier to travel with as its in a glass bottle! The Skinfood cleanser can be used with cotton wool and I plan on using that on the evenings where i'm feeling lazy! Like said before, there will be reviews on all the products mentioned!


So that's what i'm taking with me. I will also be using the lovely soap by White Rose Soaps to wash with. I'm not sure if it will seem a lot to you or not much considering I will be camping and won't be using hot tools to style my hair and so on! I have managed to make a big transition to natural and organic products, and am using very little that isn't natural nowadays which is great. 

So I will be back to blogging in just over two weeks so stay tuned for more reviews and blog posts. I hope this post was interesting and that you enjoyed reading it! 

Au revoir! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment